Shiitake Mushroom extract—– Lentinan
Source: Shiitake Mushroom
Latin Name：Lentinus edodes
Extract part: Fruit body
Active Ingredient :Lentinan
Identification measure :HPLC
Appearance: Fine Brown yellow powder
Country of origin:P.R. China
In lentinula edodes Mycelium “L. E. M. “, polysaccharides are involved, but only partly. Lentinula edodes mycelium enzymatically degrades the lignins in its growing media and alters their form. The lignins in L. E. M., called EP3, not only activate the immune system, but also have been shown to have direct antiviral activity.
Lentinan from shiitake binds to white blood cells, such as neutrophils and monocytes, and it increases host resistance to infections by viruses, bacteria and parasites. In lab animals it stimulates the production and maturation of certain immune cells. For example, early research demonstrated that lentinan activated T lymphocytes, the “generals” of the immune response. More recently, investigators administered lentinan iv to rabbits before severe exposure to pathogenic bacteria and reported this treatment prevented wide-spread infections, further demonstrating the broad immune enhancing abilities of this mushroom product.
1. Regulating immunity and enhancing metabolism;
2. Anti-tumor, especially on the suppression of stomach cancer, lung cancer and liver cancer;
3. With the function of liver detoxification, treating chronic viral hepatitis, so that to promote appetite and gain weight.
4. Applied in the food feild, to be used as food additive added into various dishes;
5. Applied in the health product field, it can be made into capsules, tablets, injection, to adjust the immune system and strengthen the health of body.