Source: Bayberry bark
Latin Name: Myrica rubra （Lour.） Sieb. et Zucc
Extract part: Bark
Active Ingredient :Myricetin
Identification measure :HPLC
Appearance: Fine Light yellow to white powder
Country of origin:P.R. China
Myricetin is flavonol, consisting of 3-hydroxyflavone backbone and 6 hydroxyl groups. Pure myricetin is a yellow-beige powder crystalline powder. Myricetin mainly occurs in nature in the form of glycosides.
Myricetin is found in several foods such as walnuts, onions, berries, herbs and red grapes.
Myricetin exerts a wide variety of biological effects, including antioxidant and free radical-scavenging activities. Reports indicate that myricetin has anti-cancer and anti-inflammatory properties and may improve bone-health.
1. Eliminate free radical, antioxidation;
2. It has pharmacological action of anti-thrombus, anti-tumor, cardiac-cerebral vessels protection, dephlogisticate and antibiosis;
3. Relief alcoholic poisoning, liver protection etc;
4. Heat-clearing and detoxicating, eliminating rheumatism, bones and muscles enhancer;
5. Myricetin have the action of astringent, stimulant and emetic.